Can business be easy or is it always hard? This year, I am on a mission to make my business easier, everyday. Here's a biblical look at what it means to make business easy.
How to Make Business Easier
I like to always turn to truth. What does God say about this? Here is a look at how He defines easy:
- “My yoke is being free from pain” – This is not hard for you. I am carrying all the hard.
- “My yoke is free from disturbance or annoyance” – I am the big one overcoming the disturbance. Nothing from outside dares annoy when they “see” me beside you.
- “My yoke is sleeping well” – you are pain free, annoyance free, not even too tired to sleep because I’ve done it all, carried all the weight and pain. You can sleep well knowing I’ll be willing to do the same tomorrow as we do the “work” you are meant to do through Me in this world.
- “My yoke is easy” in that it does not require any great labor or exertion on your part. You just have to be willing to walk in step with me. Obstacles are easy for me to resolve, step over, push through. I’ll do the work. You just be willing to walk beside, in my presence, aware of my desire and direction
Is It Easy to Make a Business?
Business does take work, commitment, consistency, and perseverance to achieve success. That doesn't mean it has to be hard in the sense of taking from your life or time or energy. In fact, when walking with the LORD in business, the efforts are actually life giving.
Easy doesn't mean you don't have to do the work, but it does mean that you are:
1. Free from anxiety, care, or worry; You are quiet, tranquil, and your mind is at rest.
2. Without pain or struggle. You can keep walking forward without distress.
3. Free from difficulty, obstacles can be overcome and will not hold you back.
How Do You Make Business Easy?
Knowledge is easy to him that understandeth. Proverbs 14:6.
The LORD is talking about more than the simple acquisition of information. He has in mind a change of life, a transformed lifestyle through intimate relationship with Him. Rest is about having the attitude of a learner, someone who takes in and seeks to apply the information that comes from God.
When you don't know the answer, go to the Owner of your business (God) and ask Him what the answer is. At the same time, be willing to learn new things. Business becomes easier when you either master the tasks you need to do or hire an expert to do them for you.
Either way, it is through knowledge and prayer. It is never through panic, chaos, and frenetic activity.
Build a Business without Burden
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11: 28-30
Join this free 3-part Business Reset Class – https://theflamingoadvantage.com/biz-reset/
“Rest” in this verse means “to refresh, rest up,” but also “to cease from labor.” But how could Christ give rest? His solution seems no solution at all. After all, a yoke is a yoke. Right? No!
So what does it mean to take Christ’s yoke? To take Christ’s yoke means to submit to His person as the one who is gentle and meek, as one who is gentle, caring and concerned for us. It means to put yourself under His leading, to join yourself together with Him, but the difference is, He is the yoke mate and this is how He can give rest.
Imagine a large and a small ox pulling together in the same yoke. The large one is pulling the weight, the small one is learning from and leaning on the larger one. The large ox carries the weight, the the small ox’s load is light. You need to continue to walk forward, but you do not have to carry the weight of success or failure squarely on your shoulders.
He is there to do the heavy lifting and guide you in the right direction.